From grassroots programs to the international stage, Equestrian Canada is the national governing body for equestrian sport and horse welfare.
WHO WE ARE
Equestrian Canada (EC) is the national governing body for equestrian sport and industry in Canada, with a mandate to represent, promote and advance all equine and equestrian interests. With over 18,000 sport licence holders, 90,000 registered participants, 12 provincial/territorial sport organization partners and 10+ national equine affiliate organizations, EC is a significant contributor to the social, physical, emotional and economic wellbeing of the equestrian industry across Canada.
Canadians are inspired to achieve personal excellence by embracing lifelong participation in equestrian activities.
From championing best practices to encouraging fun and participation, EC is the dedicated national voice working to serve, promote and protect the interests of horses and Canada’s equestrian community.
OUR CORE VALUES
We believe in:
- Equine Welfare: Accepting our responsibility to our equine partners as a privilege, we affirm safeguarding the welfare of the horse is paramount.
- Respect: For each other, for the safety of ourselves and our horses, and for the health of the environment in which we all live and work.
- Diversity: Celebrating our differences, we embrace our community’s increasingly dynamic membership.
- Inclusivity: Working together, we provide a meaningful equestrian experience for all of our members, from grassroots participation through to elite performers.
- Volunteerism: As a means of encouraging personal growth in a way that has direct benefits to the equine community, we actively seek, welcome and respect those who selflessly give of their time in aid of the welfare of the horse and the achievement of EC’s mission.